Amoveo exists to see broken systems fixed in communities all over the world, through partnering and investing in creative and sustainable solutions.
Amoveo Group, a 501(c)3 Non-Profit Development Organization, desires to see marginalized communities all over the world, given hope and enabled out of poverty. Amoveo believes old ways of helping must be replaced. We must stop being content to give out clean water and a free meal. Marginalized communities need investment based on their unique needs. Amoveo seeks to listen first and invest after. Only then will lasting change occur.
Amoveo Group was founded in 2013, by Matt Peace and Tim Brokopp, after decades of combined experience working and living among marginalized communities, from Africa to forgotten U.S. neighborhoods. They had a passion to create an organization that enabled strategic and lasting solutions for those in need, in the U.S. and around the globe, through embracing relevant investment from people of diverse backgrounds.
At our core, our hearts are moved to help neglected, distressed, and struggling people. Unfortunately, the needs of millions remain unmet even after billions spent on band-aid charity. We are moved to a different type of help. Help with the goal of investing in lasting solutions.
We are involved in mobilizing people, material, and financial investment in projects which spur sustainable solutions to physical, emotional, and spiritual needs. These needs vary based on the community. We have built homes, orphanages, food banks, started new businesses to create jobs and founded drug rehab centers. What we do varies, but is always focused on strategic initiatives utilizing relevant methods.
We believe lasting change happens when organizations take a step back from rushing in to do something. We work by 1) finding leaders in the community, 2) listening to them 3) determining with them how we can help, 4) executing a plan that brings together creative investment, including people, materials, and money.
- We Are a Development Organization: We seek to meet physical, emotional, and spiritual needs. Though we partner with churches and individual Christians, we are not involved in work exclusively focused on activities like evangelism, starting churches, or bible education.
- We Believe Local Solutions are Relevant: We reject charitable imperialism. We Believe is is foolish for outside leaders and organizations to declare they have found the solution to fix a community’s problems.
- We Empower People for Lasting Change: We believe lasting change is more likely, for all involved, when every-day people contribute beyond donating money.
- We See Volunteers & Interns as Strategic: For us, short-term volunteers and interns are part of the strategic plan in each community we are working, not just an afterthought.
- We Embrace & Serve All: We are people of faith serving and working with others from many backgrounds. We believe conviction and compassion matter. We believe differences in faith and practice should not necessarily be used to keep people from working together to improve humanity.